The Cat Butler was set up by Sandra James in 2015 and was inspired by the animal lover's feline friend, Ziggy.
Like many cat owners, Sandra often felt unable to go away and leave Ziggy. Although there were some amazing catteries nearby, Sandra knew that Ziggy was much happier at home, and a trip to an unfamiliar environment would be traumatic.
While she had considered asking a neighbour to pop in and keep an eye on Ziggy, Sandra also knew that being a typical cat, Ziggy thrived on routine.
It wasn’t enough to have somebody come in once a day or so and top up his food bowl; Ziggy needed consistency, interaction, and a reassuring presence around the house to feel safe and content.
After leaving her career in financial services, Sandra set up The Cat Butler to provide felines in and around St Albans with tailored care in the safety and comfort of their own home. Today, The Cat Butler team works with thousands of customers - and their humans - across the UK.
Finding a reliable, trustworthy and professional cat sitter these days is challenging. Providing the highest quality service to our clients is paramount.
Every cat owner we’ve met considers their cat an important member of their family. But, when they go away, finding the perfect cat care solution can be tricky, especially when there are so many seemingly “easy” options out there.
These days when you can hire almost anyone for anything with an app on your phone, finding a reliable and responsible cat care provider can be a challenge.
Since the start, we have made it our company mission to offer the highest level of care and professionalism when caring for our clients’ beloved cats and their homes. All of our Cat Butlers love the company of felines and only ever want the best for the cats they care for, as they would do their own. They’re not just looking after cats because it’s their job; they serve cats because of their genuine love and respect for them.
We promise to always conduct ourselves professionally and with integrity, ensuring that we respect our clients and their personal property at all times, and to love and treat their beloved cats as though they were our own.
Our Core Values
- Reliability - Our commitment and dedication ensure that our clients can trust our ability to provide the best cat care. We will always conduct our services professionally. Our clients can be sure that their cat and their home are in safe and capable hands.
- Integrity – Our clients' and their cats’ needs are our top priorities. We understand that their cat is a member of their family and, we pledge to treat their cat as a member of our own.
- Excellence - It is not enough to merely meet expectations. We strive to exceed standards with the quality of service we provide.
- Caring - This is much more than a business to us. Taking care of cats is our life's passion. Our clients will notice the excellent and professional service that we provide and the genuine care and love that we put into our work every day.
- Community - We are proactive in our communities, volunteering and supporting the voiceless and homeless cats and other animals.
The Cat Butler Franchise
We've now expanded the service through our Franchise and will be introducing new locations across the UK.
Make a Booking
To make a booking, search for your nearest Cat Butler. Once you've done that, simply get in touch!
You can also contact our head office on 01727 821372, or complete our enquiry form.
Find your Local Cat Butler
Become a Cat Butler in your area
Our franchise offers an opportunity for cat lovers to be their own boss and run a local cat sitting business under an established brand.
- Join a growing and reputable national cat sitting brand
- Become a Cat Expert with full training and support
- Enjoy a flexible business that works around your lifestyle