Planning a trip away? Not sure your cat will enjoy a stay at the local cattery? We have the perfect alternative - in-home cat sitting that is tailored to your cat!
A Cattery Alternative for your Feline Friend
If you’re in the middle of planning a holiday, you’ll know how many great choices there are out there these days. And it’s good to know that there are also many amazing choices for your cat too.
There are catteries, of course, but we know that not all cats love these - some even find them (and the car journey!) traumatic. There are, however, many other options - some of which you might not have even thought of before!
Holiday Care for your Cat
Cats are the ultimate creatures of habit. They like routine. They like things done a certain way. They aren’t afraid to let us know when something isn’t up to their high standards. When you are heading away, you want to be sure that you’ve picked holiday care that will please your feline friend. You need to make sure they are happy, safe, and pampered -because your cat really does deserve the best!
Pros and Cons
Each option that you consider will have different pros and cons. We haven’t talked about catteries here, but you can find more about cat hotels and their suitability for your cat here.
- Cat-friendly holidays - if you can’t bear to be parted from your cat, you might want to consider taking them with you! There are a growing number of cat-friendly B&Bs, hotels, and self-catering cottages to pick from. Of course, you’ll still need to be able to get them in that cat carrier and get them through the car journey - something that not many cats love! Some may also find being in a different environment stressful, even if their favourite humans are there with them.
- Ask a friend or a neighbour - a popular and often free option which, in theory, sounds great. But, it can be hard finding somebody who can help out for more than a few days at a time. Or maybe they are willing to pop in every day for the next two weeks, but how much time are they going to be spending with your cat? And will this give them the reassurance, love, and interaction that they need?
- Hiring a cat sitter to care for your feline friend gives you the most reassurance of all. Cat sitters do their job because they genuinely love spending time with cats – not just feeding them and changing litter but giving them love, attention and playtime too. Cat sitters are also very knowledgeable about cats and able to administer medication, which is a must if your cat has any health concerns. There is also the bonus of someone keeping an eye on your house whilst you’re away.
Why Choose Cat Sitting over Catteries?
The beauty of cat sitting as a cattery alternative is that the service is tailored to your cat's needs. Your cat won’t need to fit around the timetables of a busy cattery – they can relax in their own environment and keep to their usual routines. Cat sitters can spend extra time with your cat to help them feel secure and content while you’re away. Most of all, hiring cat sitters means that you can enjoy a guilt-free holiday, knowing that your cat is well cared for in their own home.
What Makes The Cat Butler Unique?
The Cat Butler’s cat sitters are absolutely passionate about cats! As well as providing the usual cat sitting services such as feeding, cleaning litter trays, our cat sitters will happily groom your cat. We especially enjoy playtime! We also have veterinary trained cat sitters on our team who can administer all kinds of medication.
As well as keeping your cat happy, at The Cat Butler, we’ll look after your home, too. Our home care and security service include taking in newspapers and post, opening curtains, watering plants and putting out the rubbish. All of this makes your home look “lived-in” while you’re away, and best of all, this service is available at no extra cost!
If you’re looking for a cattery alternative, cat sitting will give you absolute peace of mind that your cat and your home are in safe hands while you’re away.
Click here to read a selection of our Client Testimonials.
Make a Booking
To make a booking, search for your nearest Cat Butler. Once you've done that, simply get in touch!
You can also contact our head office on 01727 821372, or complete our enquiry form.
Find your Local Cat Butler
Become a Cat Butler in your area
Our franchise offers an opportunity for cat lovers to be their own boss and run a local cat sitting business under an established brand.
- Join a growing and reputable national cat sitting brand
- Become a Cat Expert with full training and support
- Enjoy a flexible business that works around your lifestyle