The holiday season has officially begun! Now that summer is finally here, millions of us are busy planning for our next big trip away. If you’re heading off soon in search of warm weather, beaches and relaxation, then choosing the right cat holiday care is likely to be high up on your list. But with more choices than ever before, what’s the best option?
What to Consider
Start by thinking about what’s best for your cat. Just like people, cats have different personalities and temperaments. Is your cat nervous around other animals or fun-loving and sociable? Choosing cat holiday care that’s right for your cat will give you peace of mind while you’re away.
You need to feel confident about the care you’re choosing for your cat. Always ask about insurance, experience and credentials and check out recent reviews. If you are considering catteries or pet hotels, always make time for a visit to make sure you are happy with the facilities on offer.
Whichever option you choose for your cat’s care while you’re on holiday – help your cat to adjust. Make sure they have their favourite toys and blankets and leave some of your clothing behind, too – your smell will reassure your cat that you will be back!
What Are The Options for Cat Holiday Care?
Cat hotels – If you’re looking for a touch of extravagance, cat hotels offer luxury boarding facilities for cats; some come with under-floor heating, manicuring and a chauffeur service – but with a price tag to match.
Family, neighbours or friends – Cats are very territorial and are most content in their own environment. Asking family, neighbours or friends to pop in twice a day is a good option to keep your cat happy and secure. But while neighbours are happy to top up food and drink, they often can’t stay around to give your cat the fuss or attention they need.
Catteries - Catteries, like cat hotels, offer boarding facilities where your cat comes to stay while you’re on holiday. While it’s a sociable option, cats are often kept in cages for long periods, and the unfamiliar sounds and smells can make the experience very traumatic.
Cat Sitters - Cat sitting is a popular alternative to catteries or pet hotels. Cat sitters are paid to come into your own home, usually twice a day. They will top-up food and drink, change litter, administer medications as needed and spend time giving your cat plenty of love and attention!
About The Cat Butler’s Cat Sitting Service
The Cat Butler offers an exclusive cat sitting service across Hertfordshire in St Albans, Harpenden, Wheathampstead, Welwyn Garden City and further afield in the UK. The Cat Butler’s cat sitters are all passionate about cats, and our cat sitting service is bespoke, meeting the needs of each cat we care for.
Here’s why our service is so unique:
- All our Cat Butler's are fully vetted, insured and trained and supported by us.
- We have veterinary trained cat sitters on our team who are experienced in administering a wide range of medication.
- The Cat Butler is available 365 days per year, often at very short notice.
- Cat sitting services include feeding and watering, changing litter, grooming, administering medication if necessary, and of course, lots of fuss and attention.
- Free home security service included: bringing in the post/deliveries, opening and closing curtains, switching lights on/off, putting out/taking in rubbish bins, watering indoor and patio plants.
- At The Cat Butler, we understand that it’s hard to leave your cat behind – so we’ll keep you in touch by phone or email as well as posting photos of your feline friend on our Facebook page.
Holiday time is precious, and you need to be able to relax in the knowledge that your cat is happy and secure. If you’re looking for cat holiday care that provides absolute peace of mind, cat sitting is the perfect solution, with home care and security included!
Make a Booking
To make a booking, search for your nearest Cat Butler. Once you've done that, simply get in touch!
You can also contact our head office on 01727 821372, or complete our enquiry form.
Find your Local Cat Butler
Become a Cat Butler in your area
Our franchise offers an opportunity for cat lovers to be their own boss and run a local cat sitting business under an established brand.
- Join a growing and reputable national cat sitting brand
- Become a Cat Expert with full training and support
- Enjoy a flexible business that works around your lifestyle